|Several ideas for sci – fi gadgets|
Have you ever thought on crazy tech ideas , mostly science fiction with products that cant be ever made? (who knows some o them later can be made! )
Being a fan of high technology frm my young times I hve devised several interesting ideas , some of then have already be made several others not ! I summarize some of them below .
Also please feel free to post in comments and ideas that have passed though your mind !
At first are the ideas already made
1.a very long play audio tape recorder .(idea of 80s )
A standard cassette recorder to record at least 2 times the standard cassette time , so a 1 hr cassette could be recorded /played to 3-4 hours . As it happens with the VCRs and the journalist recorders . Very good for recording from shortwave or very lengthy discussions / seminars . As far as I know , on late 70s or early 80s several commercial , possibly tinkered (=hacked ) cassette recorders, were sold in USA , using a variable resistor to slow down the speed motor
2. a world radio with built in mp3 recorder (an idea on 2000 ).
Very easy with the today’s technology . Only one model has been found from China but operation is very complicated …
There were also several radio tech ideas , but I will not post them!
Here is an idea partially feasible :
3. Post Card sized movie player(idea around 90 ).
A standard post/photo card (10x15 cm or 13x18 cm and same thickness ) with touch screen for standard VCR /DVD features (palyback , FF RW ) Sounds to pretty good?
Well as far as I know OLEDs displays comply with the dimensions , though I wonder if they can operate in touch screen
Under this category we can add the following gadgets : e reader, IPOD , IPAD and more
Now I go into the real science fiction ideas , I doubt if one of them can be made in reality !!
4. Full entertainment neural ‘wrist watches’. (ard 2002 ). The idea is a little complex: Imagine you are in a place that you do not want to show that you are listening to the music, i.e. without earphone .Your ‘wrist watch’ by some way, supposedly tune into the body’s nerve syetem and offers you music and video and very good quality indirectly into your brain
I hope you understand what I mean with this …..
5. ‘3D printout’ on plain paper ( 1992 ): that does not require any lenses to be seen . A very different way that the previous xography or 3d stereo . No more idea still …..
And here several other ideas in just headlines - no analysis needed …..
6 a kind of ‘laser’ type beams’ producing sound . two beams that in their joint produce audio
7. thumb communication with computer , instead of using keyboard
8. open air 3D computer display and /or 3D video (without any display but in contrast to the ‘Starwars movie idea’ the picture could be at least 1 m3 and with vivid or real colour , for the video case )
Have you ever thought any ideas less or more extreme than this? If yes please write them below .
Arthur Clark devised the idea for satellites on 1940+ using the geostationary orbit . From 80s and then the s
A Greek monk Kosmas Aitolian on 1800 has just devised two big ideas of 1900 : the airplane (named them as metallic birds )and trhe television (a big eye with horns on the roof over the houses ) Nobody could understand that time what he meant ….. K
Keep yourself tuned in for my next posting will be even more extreme than this and can sound quite insane and surely 1000% unfeasible . I will write this because this could really have many applications