Τετάρτη 22 Αυγούστου 2012

Koss UR 20 headphones

ReviewReviewReviewReviewReviewJun 29, '08 4:04 PM
for everyone
Category:Other
KOSS UR 20


It is one of my oldest high quality headphones , bought ca 2002-3 (thou gh I still not remember the time! ) little later after Greece joined the Euro currency> As far as I can remember , the brother of my wife who was an audiophile and dealer of mid-fi and commercial audio systems and accessories has given ut to me at a price of Eu60 . Considering that very recently have found the prices on the internet being about $20 I can suppose that the importer has earned quite much from their import.

The headphones are quite big , covering fully the ear. But during the summer using it causes sweating in the ears and near the band

As you may see from the picture these headphones are of full dimension covering fully the ears. That makes them being quite isolating and offering ,by stated many other reviews, quite clear audio. IN several reviews however others say it lacks bass in several others that the bass is enough . The head pairs is pressing the ears mildly.

To my opinion in terms of audio, excels regarding to any other earphones already mentioned my my site. Having tested at first one I used the DE929 since 3 years ago I compared them at nearly of the closest to UR20 except: (a) 929 have stronger bass and nearly enhanced 400-800 Hz volume over UR20 (b) UR20 has richer sound and broader spatiality or depth .
With all other earphones there are quite bigger differences ,even with the frequency range

From the features:
  • Cable is quite lengthy about 2 meters . It uses medium size plug: 1.9 mm in contrast to the most earphones of the same type using 3.9 mm. I donot remember if the headphone set included 3.9 mm adaptor ,but if any , it was of short type(half the size of a standard commercial adaptor )
  • Quite well isolating foam. Little better isolation to the Sansa and Sparkplug from external noises.
  • The headband is quite OK for my heads so I never adjusted them
  • The is little pressure from the phones to the ears. They do not annoy the ears
  • Listening it in summer , for quite long , makes me sweat in the points of the headband and near the ears. for those times I prefer to use the Degen 929 ears.

- Listening with them is quite pleasant with the most gadgets I have . Below you will find my experience with them
Testing with Bolong (analog )and Kchibo 300 (very trebly ) radios : With both radios audio sounds great Notice that both radios have very sharp audio

Testing with my midFi stereo system: Audio is very close with Kchibo

Testing with the E130 Sandisk :
I have used them quite lengthy , the time I had sciatica (end of April 2008). The ‘material’ put was of many bit rates in MP3 and WMA. Although I tested the Sandisk before, with MP3 audio sounding as ‘treble-less’ WMA, many CD ripped MP3s had very good sound. MP3 files converted with Lame on 64 kbit shown some artifacts especially in the higher tones .Most WMAs shown trickling sounds in in amplitude (volume) or frequency attacks (sudden variations) . These artifacts were more clear comparing to other earphones As on FM the sound is similar to the MP3s above 128 kbits
Except it , its lengthy cable enhances FM reception on the E130 and remain ‘walkmans‘

Nearly same fidelity goes with Creative player . But with 929 Creative it sounds very close to HiFi

Testing with shortwave radio R 75 : forget it ! ICOM’s audio is so shaped that not only the local underground noise but also radio’s audio can irritate my ears with tinnitus in less than 5 minutes . As the Philips mini-headphones with volume control had broken , the use of a very cheap Sennheiser m@h 40 was the best choice.

ON Computer: I seldom use it on computer, as I use another headphone set the AKG K66 , specially designed for Mp3s . however for the sake of the report here are some measurements:
Internet radio : seems fair audio : WFU , Musik FM (slightly better ) .EMR (clearer )
Greek songs from CDs : linear with higher span
Indos from my collection : good audio (these are of the sharpest audios! )

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου