Τρίτη 21 Αυγούστου 2012

My MP3 player was dead and then 'raised' again!!

ReviewReviewReviewReviewJul 24, '12 9:39 AM
for everyone
Category:Other
I use a Muvi 1.8 player http://zlgr.multiply.com/reviews/item/69 since2008 that I used quite much the older times and sometimes today. When I don’t use it , I put the mains switch off for retaining its battery . Meanwhile 2 weeks ago while in LItohoron our country home with 40 degs of temperature I saw that the player did nt start. It just shown a once blinking blank screen.

I tried many times and thought that the player was 'dead'. Trying to see if the problem was from the battery , i connected it to the mains supply via an adaptor but still didd start . And neither cold connect to any computer form making any backup!!

The older times , a knob was loose from its keypad. I Used a self adhesive tape to keep it on keyboard.
After this , i removed the tape and was ready to drop it in junk.

I did not made a backup till them . BUt i kept a full file listing in one CD with only a partial backup of the main directory and was ready to copy all related music files to another spare player

One day later I saw that the player worked OK!!! but without the button

I immediately did a backup of Muvi . The craziest was that though its main transfer speed was just 400-700 kb (so copying 2GB of material normally required ca 2 hours ) , the copying speed was raised to 1.,7 mb !!

I can only explain it , that due to high emvoronmental temperature the Player’s circuits were quite hot so that it induced any operation from the firmware . And the isolation tape retained the temperature quite high.

Did the same happen to any electronic appliance to you? I still remember another case on 2000 when I was in Singapore Bali and Bangkok that due to high temperature and moisture , my photo camera stopped working and my Sony radio ICF 7600 D of 82 to require ca 5 minutes to operate properly (otherwise sensitivity was very low )

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου